Text size :
Note: A Notice of Marriage must be filed at least 14 days before a marriage may be solemnized.
1. REQUIREMENT FOR FILING A NOTICE OF MARRIAGE
1.1 An Applicant must be:-
1.2 Before filing the Notice of Marriage, the applicant couple must attend personally to swear a Statutory Declaration with respect to the condition specified in note 1 above. These Declaration forms will be supplied to the couple at the time of filing the Notice of Marriage.
1.3 To make the Declaration in 1.2 and to the file the Notice of Marriage, the applicant couple must bring with them the following documents:-
1. Original and Photocopy of Death Certificate of deceased spouse;
2. Original & Photocopy of Certified of previous marriage;
2. HOURS FOR FILING NOTICE OF MARRIAGE
2.1 Mondays to Thursdays –
8.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
2.00 p.m. to 3.15 p.m.
2.2 Notice of Marriages must be filed at the District where the applicants ordinarily reside.
the address of all districts:
1. Two non-Muslim witnesses, 21 years of age or above. These witnesses must produce their identity cards (or passports);
2. The identity cards (or passports) and birth certificates of the marrying couple;
3. Wedding rings for exchange during the solemnization of the marriage (optional)
4. $100.00 for the registration of marriage fee.
© Copyright 2012 - 2019 Prime Minister's Office. All Right Reserved.
Powered by IT and E-Government, Prime Minister's Office, Brunei Darussalam