Text size :
REGISTRY OF CIVIL MARRIAGES BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
GUIDE ON SOLEMNIZATION
(please read this guide carefully)
On that day, please bring:
1. Two non-Muslim witnesses, 21 years of age or above. These witnesses must produce their identity cards (or passports)
2. The identity cards (or passports) and birth certificates of the marrying couple.
3. Wedding rings for exchange during the solemnization of the marriage. (optional)
4. $100.00 for registration of marriage fee.
1. You and your guests are advised to be punctual and arrive at the courthouse at least 15 minutes before the appointed time. This should allow you and your guests to settle in before the marriage ceremony starts.
2. The Marriage Registrar may refuse to solemnize the marriage, if the marrying couples, the witnesses and their guests attend the ceremony in improper and casual attire such as jeans, shorts, singlets, T shirts and slippers. The Bride, female witnesses and female guests must attend the ceremony in dress or skirt, (with sleeves and beyond knee-length). You are advised to treat the ceremony with dignity and respect by coming to the registry properly dressed.
3. The marriage declaration can be read in English, Chinese or Malay as required by the marrying couple. If any other language is required, the parties to the marriage are responsible for providing an interpreter.
4. Use of cameras and video camera are permitted during the ceremony.
5. Confetti, petals, rice however, are NOT permitted in the building or on the pavement outside.